We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Monday, July 18, 2011

Veggie Pancakes

The original recipe can be found here.  I modified it as written below.


1 zucchini
2 large carrots
about 1/3 of a bag cole slaw mix (shredded cabbage)
1/4 an onion
2 spoonfuls coconut flour
3 eggs
1 tsp. thyme
salt and pepper
I shredded the zucchini, carrots and onion in the food processor then added it to a bowl with the cabbage.  Sprinkled with two soup spoons of coconut flour and let sit for about 10 minutes.  Added 1 tsp. thyme, some salt and 3 eggs.  Mixed well then scooped the mixture onto a warmed cast-iron skillet (with coconut oil).  I had to shape them once the hit the pan and flatten them a bit.


I cooked the eggs separately, instead of baking them in the oven.  Three of us liked these, the others only had a few bites.  I'm not sure if I'll be making these again.  Instead of making an "egg nest" these might also work as a side dish, especially something with gravy.


This is a Full recipe because of the coconut flour.  I think it would work just as well without the flour, or with a nut flour, which could then be eaten in Stage 5 due to the thyme (unless you used fresh and then you could eat them in Stage 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment