We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 15

Breakfast
Smoothie and Russian Custard over sliced apples and bananas
(Full for smoothie and custard)

The smoothie had bananas, strawberries, blueberries, coconut oil, flax seed oil, and raw egg yolks.  I halved the recipe for the Custard because I didn't know how it would go over.  Three of them loved it and would have eaten much more, the fourth said it was "disgusting".

Lunch
Fish patties, sauerkraut, raw carrots, sliced avocado
(Stage 4 for fish patties, Stage 3 for sauerkraut and avocado, Stage 6 for raw carrots)
I loosely based the fish patties on this recipe.
I used about
1/3 cup leftover cod from last night
some salmon
1/2 an onion
1 zucchini
7 or 8 baby carrots
2 cloves garlic
about 1/3 to 1/2 cup ground nuts (almonds and pecans)
3 eggs
salt

Pureed all the veggies and added it to the fish with the eggs and nuts then mixed it all together.  Cooked it in my cast iron skillet until browned on both sides.

I bought a case of Bubbie's sauerkraut from our local food co-op and two of my boys are eating it like crazy.  It is some seriously tasty stuff.  My homemade stuff doesn't even come close.  We can only order once a month and I'm not sure it will last that long.  I may have to buy a mini-fridge just for a monthly sauerkraut supply.

Dinner
Roast Chicken, green beans, butternut squash pudding
(Stage 4 for chicken, Stage 1 for green beans, Stage 4 or so for pudding unless you're avoiding honey)


The boys loved the pudding...mostly because of the pecans on top, but they did eat the squash underneath so I consider it a success.  I came home from a meeting and found my 7-year-old at the table eating the cold pudding right out of the pan.

Reactions:
Nothing really to report here.

Thoughts:
I need to do another meal plan and go shopping.  I'm trying to keep up with all the soaking and dehydrating of nuts.  At this point I consider us in Full, but I'm trying to remember to eat lots of soups and such still.  Our olive oil finally came so I'm going to try some mayonnaise sometime this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment