We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Monday, July 11, 2011

Cinnamon Nut Cookies

I used this recipe from Grain-Free Foodies for Cinnamon Nut cookies.

Mine were flatter than theirs but still tasty.  I doubled the batch to have some for snack or breakfast tomorrow but didn't double the cinnamon.

2 egg whites
2 cups nut flour (or nuts that have been soaked and dried)
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. honey

Beat the egg whites until fluffy.  Fold in the nut flour....although nut flour doesn't like to fold, it sort of glops.  Add the cinnamon and honey.  Drop onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Mine were done at 11 or 12 minutes.

I thought they were a tad too sweet so next time I'd half the honey.

This would be Stage 5 due to cinnamon, but if you're avoiding honey you'd want to wait until Full.

No comments:

Post a Comment