We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 8

Today was not a good day for eating as well as we should because things were hectic and crazy and I haven't been to the grocery store.

Breakfast
Eggs with steak, banana
(Stage 4 for eggs & steak, Stage 6 for banana)


I sliced a steak very thinly then cooked it in the cast-iron skillet.  When it was just barely done I added 6 eggs and a bit of water and scrambled them.

I know I'm not supposed to give them fruit with meals, but I was short on eggs and they were still hungry.  The bananas did have brown spots though!

I had leftover chicken nuggets (from yesterday), some avocado and cortido. (Stage 4 for nuggets, Stage 3 for the rest)

Lunch
Chicken patties, 3 raw carrots each
(Stage 4 for the chicken patties, Stage 5/6 for carrots)

I pureed half a zucchini (peeled so they couldn't see green specks) and 1/4 and onion and added it to a pound of ground chicken with salt.  Mixed and cooked them in the cast-iron skillet.  Two of the boys ate these with gusto...and then ate what their brothers didn't finish.

Dinner
Beef stir-fry, cortido, avocado, bowl of beef broth on the side
(Stage 4/5 for stir fry, Stage 3 for cortido & avocado, Stage 1 for broth)

beef, almost 2 pounds -  cut bite-sized
a few handfuls of baby carrots, sliced into long 'sticks'
broccoli - stalks removed
zucchini - cut in fourths the long way then sliced

Simmered the beef in broth until almost cooked through then added the veggies and cooked until soft but not mushy.  It was delicious, but two of the boys wouldn't touch it.  Punks.  And I was the only one to drink the broth.

Reactions:
Everyone is doing well aside from some complaining.  I had a headache most of the morning which I think is due to the increase in fermented foods that I'm eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment