We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 12

Breakfast
Juice, smoothie, nuts
(Stage 5/6 for fruit juices, Full for smoothie, Full for nuts)

We did two different juices this morning, apple and orange.  For the smoothie we used bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, some raw egg yolks and coconut oil.  The kids also had a small handful of soaked and dried nuts.

Lunch
Leftovers - Olive Garden soup and Meatballs...served on top of pureed butternut squash
(Stage 5 for Olive Garden soup if using sausage due to spices, Stage 1 for meatballs and gravy, same with squash)

Dinner
Sprouted lentil patties, guacamole, pumpkin pie carrots, peas, cortido
(Full for lentil patties, Stage 4 for guacamole, Stage 5 for carrots, Stage 1 for peas, Stage 3 for cortido)

The lentil patties were a huge hit.  I only wish that I had made more.  As written the recipe made 12 patties or two per person.  I didn't use the horseradish because I couldn't find any at the store.  I will try some different seasonings as well....I bet you could make them taste chicken-y and then they'd be like chicken nuggets.  The kids picked them up and dunked them in our homemade ketchup, just like a nugget.  Husband and I ate ours with guacamole.

Another huge hit was the pumpkin pie carrots.  My 7-yr-old ate 4 helpings!  And he hates cooked carrots.

We were full from the meal, but really should have had some broth/soup with it.

Dessert 
(Stage 5 unless you're avoiding honey)


Every Monday night we have Family Night with a lesson, game and treat.  Tonight we made these cookies.  Mine weren't nice and puffy like the picture, they spread out some.  Cooking with nut flours is a big learning curve for me!  The kids liked them though.  I preferred the Cashew Cookies from Sunday, however.

Reactions:
Nothing new to report.  The 5-yr-old used the bathroom this morning and asked, "Did I poop too much?"  I think he's still struggling a bit to get regular again.

Thoughts:
I can't seem to keep enough soup on hand.  We're also still waiting on the olive oil and probiotics.  We're towards the end of the cortido so I need to make some new veggie ferments.

I hate dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment