We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Friday, July 15, 2011

Honey Bread

I used this recipe from the Healthy Home Economist.  I did not use a glass loaf pan and my edges were very, very brown/black.  I'm not sure if it was from my pan or the changes I made to the recipe.  Everyone still loved it though.  This would be good with a nut butter, butter or jam, but not tuna or anything savory.

My changes were as follows:

6 eggs
5 tablespoons ghee (we're not eating butter yet)
6 tbsp. water (didn't have coconut milk and no dairy milk yet)
6 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. coconut flour
did not use the baking powder or stevia listed

Whisk together everything except the coconut flour.  Sprinkle it over the wets and mix/whisk until batter is smooth.  This part took longer than I thought it would.  Pour into a glass loaf pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (mine took almost 30 for the middle to set and the sides were black).

This recipe is a Full recipe due to the coconut flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment