We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Friday, July 15, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge

I love coconut oil and I love finding sneaky ways to get it into our diet.  My kids raved about this fudge.  The five-year-old was 'surprised we could eat chocolate'.  I didn't use a food processor to mix it, I just stirred it together and there was a layer of peanut butter/honey at the bottom once it set up.  I'll try the processor next time to see if that makes a difference.  I'd also like to try this with almond butter, maybe cashew as well.

1 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. peanut butter (homemade, or other nut butter)
honey to taste
a pinch or two sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla - still not sure if this is GAPS legal or not

Melt the coconut oil over very low heat.  Pour it and remaining ingredients into food processor or blender and have at.  Pour it into an 8x8 glass pan and place it in the freezer to "set up".  You'll need to leave it in the freezer or refrigerator unless you live in Antarctica and have no central heating.

I'm not sure where to put this.  Too much coconut oil too early might cause problems.  Honey in small amounts is allowed starting in Stage 5.  Vanilla is still up in the air.  I'd save it for Full or at least Stage 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment