We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Monday, July 18, 2011

Salmon Patties

I took this recipe from Home, Health and Happiness and tweaked it a bit.

2 cans salmon (6 oz each - wild caught, packed in water, nothing added)
1/2 c. shredded coconut
2 eggs
1/2 an onion
a huge handful baby carrots
2 big handfuls spinach
2 cloves garlic

In the food processor I pureed the onion, carrots, spinach and garlic.  Before adding it the bowl with the salmon I squeezed out some of the excess liquid.  Mixed everything together and added salt to taste.  Formed into patties and fried in some coconut oil.

I tried to make a hollandaise sauce to go with them, but it wasn't creamy...a bit thick but still tasty.  I used room-temperature ghee instead of butter which might have been the problem as it's supposed to be cold.

My husband and I really enjoyed the salmon patties, everyone else just sort of picked at them.  I served it with green peas, butternut squash pudding, sauerkraut, avocado and olive oil.


Because of the coconut this is a Full recipe.  I think it would also work well using a nut flour instead, which could then be eaten in Stage 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment