We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 25

Breakfast
Smoothie, Meat and Veggie Sausages, fruit, nuts
(Full for smoothie, Stage 5 for sausages unless using only salt & pepper, Stage 5/6 for fruit, Full for nuts)

Today's smoothie had bananas, strawberries, blueberries, coconut oil, flax seed oil, raw egg yolks, prunes, a drizzle of honey and YOGURT.  Our first day trying yogurt, fermented 24 hours in my dehydrator.

Lunch
Meatballs, pumpkin pie carrots, sauerkraut, kimchi, more Meat and Veggie Sausages
(Stage 1 for meatballs, Stage 5 for pumpkin pie carrots, Stage 3 for sauerkraut and kimchi)

Instead of meatballs or meat patties, I made mini-meat patties.  Basically a meatball flattened.  They liked this variation in size even though it was the same taste they had yesterday.

Lunch Part II
Lara Balls, smoothie, fruit
(Full for Lara Balls and smoothie, Stage 5/6 for fruit)

Dinner
Chicken Stir Fry, kimchi
(Stage 4 for stir fry, Stage 3 for kimchi)

The stir fry had broccoli, carrots and yellow squash.  Normally I would "fry"it in broth until the veggies were soft, but I was out so I used water.

The boys have turned into kimchi monsters.  They love it and keep asking for it, saying "My body just really craves it."  Even the 7-year-old got in on the fun and ate a small helping then ran around the table yelling that his mouth was on fire.  And then sat down and ate more.  Kids are weird.

Reactions:
No pukes today.  No complaints of hurting stomachs.  Fairly normal day for everyone.

Thoughts:
I need to keep a constant supply of ferments going in the pantry because we're going through them faster than I anticipated.  And I never really expected my boys to like them...but they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment