We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Meat and Veggie Sausages aka Snack Bars

I made these little guys yesterday....and they are all gone.  I plan on making mega batches in the future.  I'd classify them as Stage 5 if you use seasonings like cumin, but you could eat them at Stage 3 or 4 if you only used salt and pepper, and whenever you tolerate nuts well.

I love that you can vary it so greatly.  I used:

pulp from juicing 7 to 9 big carrots

Then pureed:
3/4 an onion
a head of broccoli
1 clove of garlic

Plopped that in with the carrot pulp and pureed some meat gunk - all the fat and connecting tissue along with a few bits of meat.  Then I pureed a few handfuls of soaked, but not dehydrated almonds and walnuts.  I also added a huge spoonful of coconut oil and another of red palm oil, salt, pepper and maybe 1/2 tsp. cumin.  I shaped them in granola bar type shapes and baked them at 300 degrees for 30 minutes then turned them over and baked another 20-25 minutes.

You can eat them cold, but we preferred them warm.  They tasted a bit like stuffing.  The kids ate them for snacks and for breakfast this morning.  I put two under my runny eggs and they soaked up the gooey yolk.  Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment