We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fish patties

I loosely based the fish patties on this recipe. 

I used about:

1/3 cup leftover cod from last night
some salmon
1/2 an onion
1 zucchini
7 or 8 baby carrots
2 cloves garlic
about 1/3 to 1/2 cup ground nuts (almonds and pecans)
3 eggs
salt

Pureed all the veggies and added it to the fish with the eggs and nuts then mixed it all together.  It was a bit goopy but I formed mushy patties and laid them gently in the pan and they held together just fine.  Cooked it in my cast iron skillet until browned on both sides.  Would have been great with some homemade mayo, but I didn't have my olive oil until late in the afternoon.  Maybe next time.


All the kids ate these and had seconds or fifths, depending on the kid.


This is a Stage 4 recipe because it's not boiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment