We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 17

Breakfast
Smoothies (blueberries, strawberries, banana, coconut oil, flax seed oil, raw egg yolks, mango)
Juice (carrot, apple, mandarin orange)
nuts - soaked and dehydrated
(Full for smoothies, Stage 4 for juice, Full for eating nuts plain)

Lunch
Scrambled eggs, Meat and Veggie Sausages, pumpkin pie carrots, watermelon
(Stage 3 for eggs, Full for sausages because of seeds but could modify to be Stage 3, Stage 5 for carrots, Stage 6/Full for watermelon)


Today's "sausages" had the following:
chicken stuff - skin, meat, etc picked off a few smallish chickens over the past week or two
1 turnip
3/4 an onion
4 cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper
carrot pulp from juicing - probably 10 carrots worth, maybe a bit more
the guts of 2 zucchini (I used the outside parts for noodles)
1 1/2 head broccoli
spinach - 4 or 5 large handfuls
almonds and walnuts - maybe a cup
pumpkin and sunflower seeds - about 1/2 cup
a few spoonfuls coconut oil and palm oil
salt

I skipped the cumin, but wish that I hadn't.  I should have just reduced it.  They didn't hold up as well as the last batch and fell apart at turning and storage.  The kids (and hubby) liked them though and said they'd be happy to eat the pieces.

Dinner
Meat patties, broccoli, zucchini noodles, sauerkraut, avocado (and olive oil)
(Stage 1 for meat patties, broccoli and noodles, Stage 3 for sauerkraut, avocado and olive oil)

Tonight's meat patties had:
3/4 an onion
1 huge carrot
a gob of spinach

Pureed the above together and mixed with 2 pounds ground beef, salt and pepper.  Simmered in a pan with broth (about 1 cup beef broth), covered until they were cooked through.  I did turn them a few times while cooking.  I used the excess broth as a "soup" for myself.

Once again the meat patties were a huge hit.  I thought I'd use 2 pounds so I'd have leftovers for tomorrow.  I have no leftovers.  They ate them all.

Reactions:
The 10-yr-old has been cranky for days.  Maybe he's detoxing, maybe he's sick of the diet, maybe he's hitting puberty.  Who knows?

No real physical changes going on, either good or bad.

Thoughts:
I continue to work on menu plans and scouting recipes.  Today was the first day since we started that the counters were clean!  They are usually covered with clean pans, dirty pans, soaking foods, etc.  Drives me crazy.

I want to expand my ferments so this week I'll be making a few different types.  We're also going to try yogurt (once I get it made).

No comments:

Post a Comment