We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Russian Custard

The GAPS book gives a good description on how to make this.  I also referenced this post from the Healthy Home Economist.

I halved the recipe and used:

4 egg yolks (from pastured free range chickens)
2 tsp. raw honey
a pinch or so salt

Blend, blend, blend until it turns a soft yellow and gets a little foamy.  We sliced up bananas and diced apples and put them in a bowl with a spoonful or two of ground almonds then scooped the custard over the top, sort of like milk or cream.  Three of the boys devoured it and had seconds.  And then asked later today if they could have it again soon.  My fourth ate the fruit but would not eat the "disgusting stuff".

I would consider this Full because of the honey, but if you aren't limiting it then you could eat it by itself in Stage 3 or 4, with fruit in Stage 5 or 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment