We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Banana Pancakes

Today I made this "banana" pancake recipe from Grain-Free Foodies.  I sort of punted on the egg part.  I had a lot of egg whites left over from the custard and yolking the smoothie so I dumped in my bowl of egg whites (maybe 7 or 8 eggs worth) then added 3 whole eggs.  It worked.  The kids ate them fast. 

I tripled the recipe.  How will I ever feed all these boys?

The original recipe reads:
1 banana
2 tbsp. peanut butter (or any nut butter)
3 eggs

Mix together (my stick blender did much better than the hand mixer) then cook.  If the pancakes got too big I couldn't turn them without ripping. 


I would consider this a Stage 6 recipe because bananas aren't allowed until then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment