We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Coconut Flour Waffles

I used this recipe from Wellness Mama.  My alterations are listed below.

8 eggs
1/2 c. melted butter or coconut oil (I used coconut oil...ghee would work too)
1/2 c. coconut flour
1 tbsp. cinnamon (I used 1 1/2 tsp.)
1 tsp. vanilla (I left it out)
1/2 tsp. salt

Beat eggs with immersion blender.  Add everything except the coconut flour and mix again.  Sprinkle the coconut flour on top and hit it with your blender again.  Whisking just doesn't work for coconut flour - you need an immersion (stick) blender or a regular blender.  The batter will be thickish.  I was able to get 8 waffles by spooning 2 large spoonfuls into each "waffle" quarter.  They didn't fill it completely though.

We ate these with peanut butter, but oh, they were dry.  I think they absolutely needed ghee/butter and some jam or syrup of some sort. These might also work for holding tuna/chicken salad or as sandwich bread.  Even though everyone says coconut flour products are "super dense and filling" my boys ate 1 1/2 each and begged for more. 


This is a Full recipe due to the coconut flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment