We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Coconut Flour Pancakes - that could be wraps or tortillas

The second recipe I made today was for coconut flour pancakes. 

6 eggs
6 tbsp. milk (I used homemade coconut milk)
splash vanilla (I skipped that)
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder (did not use)
6 tbsp. coconut flour
1/4 c. melted coconut oil

Mix all but coconut oil together.  When mostly blended (again, I used my stick blender) add the oil and blend some more.  Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes then blend again.  I tried making these into "little" pancakes like the banana ones but they tore like crazy.  These pancakes wanted to be big.  They were very crepe-ish and turned extremely well once I made them larger.  I can see them working very well as a wrap or "tortilla", maybe even as a noodle in a casserole, especially if you left the honey out.  The recipe made about 10 big pancakes (size of a tortilla) and 8 little ones.


Coconut flour is okay in Full.

No comments:

Post a Comment