We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Monday, July 18, 2011

Caveman Banana Cookies

This recipe came from Son of Grok which I have found to be a great resource for GAPS cooking (with modifications)!


2 bananas
3 c. nuts (soaked and dried) - I used 2 cups almond and 1 cup cashew
1 c. shredded coconut (unsweetened)
2 eggs

Combine in food processor except for eggs.  Once processed place in mixing bowl, add eggs and stir.  You can press into an 8x8 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes OR form into small pattie/cookie shapes and bake for about 15 minutes.

My food processor had a hard time mixing this together (it's a 9-cup brand-new Cuisanart so I think it was the order I put it in, not the machine).  The next time I do this I'll process the nuts first.  Once they are ground I'll add the bananas and coconut.  My boys liked them, but said they were "too coconutty" and "not enough banana".  I might play around with the proportions next time as well. 


Because of the coconut this is a Full recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment