We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Monday, July 11, 2011

Chicken "Noodle" Soup

chicken stock
1/2 an onion, diced
a few handfuls of baby carrots, cut bite size
1/2 a spaghetti squash, peeled, de-seeded and then cut into chunks
green peas (frozen or fresh)

other veggies like broccoli and cauliflower would also work well


At Stage 3 you can add celery.

I put the squash in uncooked and let the soup come to a boil, then reduced heat to a simmer.  Once the squash was tender I mashed it with the backside of the spoon to make it separate into "noodles.  You could also bake the spaghetti squash in advance, but I didn't plan ahead.  I put boiled, shredded chicken in the bottom of the bowls then ladled the soup on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment