We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stage 2 - Recipe Index

Here are some recipes that will work for Stage 2.  I have not tried them all, but as we do I'll post reviews.  I have done my best to make sure that everything works for this stage, however, I may have made mistakes.  Let me know if you find any!

Some of the recipes come from the Reversing Food Allergies (RFA) class, but you can find similar recipes online.  I have linked to alternatives when possible.  Other recipes come from an ebook I purchased from Home, Health and Happiness (HHH) which gives you recipes and lists and such for the GAPS intro diet.  


Please let me know if you have any recipes or ideas to contribute to this stage.  Be sure to read the comments when looking at recipes - there are often great tips and ideas for variations.


Remember that recipes from Stage 1 can still be used.


Fermented Fish Sauce (RFA)
Egg Drop Soup (HHH)
Swedish Gravlax (RFA, GAPS book)
Fermented fish (GAPS book)

You can now use fresh herbs in your recipes.

You are also adding a raw egg yolk to the soups.  Start with one per day (either a spoonful or two or the whole yolk, depends on your sensitivity) and move up to one in each bowl of soup.  Once the yolks are well-tolerated (and after you've checked for sensitivity to egg whites) you can have soft-boiled eggs.  This sounds like a lovely way to eat them.

Use ghee!  Start with 1 tsp. a day and gradually increase.  

Make a casserole - there is a good description of how to do this in the GAPS book, page 186 (revised edition). 

No comments:

Post a Comment