We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Friday, August 5, 2011

Shredded Beef Soup

I made some shredded beef soup the other day, following this recipe from Grain Free Foodies.  My older boys, the kimchi lovers, thought I was disgusting to put it in my soup....and then they tried it and went crazy.  One of them had 3 bowls of it!  The original recipe is for one bowl of soup, but I adapted to make a large pot.

Beef broth (enough for a pot of soup)
beef, cooked and shredded (the meat picked from soup bones works well)
2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced

Heat the above until warm.  Ladle into bowls.  At the table add any of the following:

kimchi OR sauerkraut (we tried both and loved it both ways)
green onions, sliced
cilantro, chopped
hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
avocado
olive oil

This is a Stage 3 recipe due to eating the fermented foods as well as avocado and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment