We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Friday, August 5, 2011

My favorite ways to eat eggs

I've made this multiple times and love it still.  It's usually the same base recipe (eggs, carrots, onions and something fermented) and I add things here and there, depending on what I have in the fridge.  This recipe is enough for one person (my kids won't touch it) so adjust as needed.

matchstick carrots, one large handful
1/2 onion, sliced
2 eggs
ghee
1/2 avocado, chopped
olive oil
sea salt and pepper
sauerkraut OR kimchi OR cortido
cilantro
green onions, sliced

Cook the carrots and onions in ghee with some sea salt until soft (you decide if you want them mushy or slightly crispy).  Remove to a plate.

Fry two eggs in ghee (or butter if you can tolerate it).  I like to cook mine until the whites are set and the yolks are runny.

Place the eggs on top of the cooked carrots and onions.  On the side arrange the avocado.  Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Add 2 or 3 spoonfuls fermented food of choice.  Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions, if desired.

Because I'm a bit weird I try to make sure I get a bite of each thing on my fork, but I DON'T like to mix it all together and stir it around.

Due to the avocado and fermented foods, this is a Stage 3 recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment