We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Baked Breaded Chicken

This recipe comes from Everyday Paleo.  I used chicken breasts and halved the "stuff" because I only used a pound of meat.  It ended up being a bit dry so if I make this again, I'll cook it for less time.  My boys said this was "good, good, good".

I served it with curried cauliflower and raw sugar snap peas.

chicken (breast, thighs, whatever) - enough to feed your family
1/2 to 1 cup almond meal*
1/2 to 1 cup coconut flour
garlic powder (to taste)
black pepper (to taste)
salt (to taste)
2 to 3 eggs
coconut oil or tallow

Cut the chicken into 'chicken strip' size pieces.  Scramble the eggs in a dish with sides.  Mix the coconut flour, almond meal, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a second dish with sides.  Dip the chicken in the eggs, then roll it in the flour mixture.  Place in a pan that has been greased with coconut oil or tallow.  Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees.  My chicken was dry at 30 minutes.  It might also help to drizzle oil/tallow on the chicken at some point in the baking.

*I ground 1/2 cup soaked and dried almonds in my food processor until fine.

This is a Full recipe because of the coconut flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment