We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Curried Cauliflower

This also came from Everyday Paleo (we ate it with the baked breaded chicken).  My boys didn't really care for it but I loved it.  In fact, I was sort of hoping they'd hate it so there'd be more for me!  Well, one of them said it "wasn't spicy enough" and I should add more chili powder next time.  What is happening to my children?

coconut oil, melted - maybe 1/4 cup, perhaps less
1 head cauliflower - cleaned and separated into florets
1 to 2 tsp. curry powder
a few shakes turmeric
a few shakes garlic powder
a shake or three chili powder
maybe 1/2 tsp. sea salt
a few grinds black pepper

Mix some coconut oil and the spices in a large bowl.  Add the cauliflower and stir around until coated.  Place on a baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees for between 30 to 45 minutes.

Because of the spices, this would be a Stage 5 recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment